Personal Data Protection Policy of www.sig.today Website
This personal data protection policy is intended to provide to visitors and users ("You") of the www.sig.today website (the "Website") information related to the processing by SIG Group Holding Limited (hereinafter "SIG" or "We/Us") of their personal data (hereinafter the "Personal Data").
SIG bestows the most significant importance and takes the highest care in Protecting Privacy and Personal Data.
This Policy describes the processing of Personal Data we implement (from now on the "Processing") within the framework of this Website as well as your rights related to the protection of your Personal Data.
1. Identity and contact details of the data controller
1.1 The data controller is the entity that determines the means and purposes of Personal Data Processing.
As regards the Processing of your Data collected via the Website, the data controller is: SIG Group Holding Limited
A Hong Kong company with its registered office at 2302, 23/F, New World Tower 1, 18 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong, Registered with the Hong Kong Government and Companies Registry under number 1723401
SIG's Personal Data Protection Officer ("DPO"), who is available to answer your questions related to the protection of your Personal Data, may be contacted by using the contact form.
2. Description of Personal Data Processing implemented
2.1 Purpose and legal bases of the processing
The processing executed is carried out based on your consent only and is intended to enable us:
- to respond to your questions or your orders of documents (the Group's and its Houses' current events, financial events, press releases, letters to shareholders) sent via the general "Contact" form, the "register for the newsletter" form, or the "Manage your alerts" form of the "Shareholders" section;
- to reply to and manage your online applications made via the "Contact" form or in the applicants' space in the Website's "Talent" section.
2.2 Personal Data processed
The Personal Data related to you and collected and prepared for the purposes described above are, depending on the Website's services used, your choices and the settings of your terminal (notably as related to cookies and other tracers):
- To respond to your questions and requests for documents: your last name, first name, email address, information related to your profile (shareholder, journalist, applicant, student, individual, professional, and others), and your place of residence (city, country)
- To produce statistics: your connection logs and IP addresses
- To manage your applications: last name, first name, email address, telephone number, professional experience, and all the information you communicate to us by sending your request and/or your curriculum vitae: photo, skills, education level, languages spoken, salary expectations, personal address, leisure activities, family status, etc. These data are collected and stored only within the framework of the management of your applications and are not used for any other purpose, including for commercial purposes.
The Data which are essential for SIG to satisfy the purposes described above are pointed out with an asterisk on the Website's various pages. If you do not fill out these mandatory fields, SIG will not be able to respond to your requests and/or provide you with the requested services.
2.3 Recipients of your Personal Data
Accessibility within the SIG Group
Your Personal Data is processed by the various departments of SIG and of the Houses of the SIG Group. As regards the Data related to your request, subject to your consent, they may be made accessible to the Group's other Houses to inform you and to allow you to benefit from all the job directly offers to correspond to your profile within the SIG Group. The complete list of Houses belonging to the SIG Group is available here.
Accessibility by third parties
Your Personal Data will also be accessible to third parties, namely: (i) to the recruitment agencies with which SIG works and which may advise us in the management of our applicants' databases and help us in selecting profiles in such databases; (ii) incidentally, for technical and logistical reasons, to SIG's subcontractors (notably hosting and Website maintenance providers) and, lastly (iii) your connection logs and IP addresses are also processed via the Adobe Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics tools to produce statistics.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to a third party in case of a restructuring of SIG or of the relevant Houses, including in case of a total or partial assignment of assets, merger, absorption-acquisition, demerger, and, more generally, any reorganisation transaction.
Lastly, SIG may communicate your Data to third parties when such communication is required by law, regulatory provisions, or a judicial decision, or if such disclosure is necessary to provide for the protection and defence of its rights.
2.4 Retention period of your Personal Data
- Questions and occasional requests for documents: The Personal Data collected and processed within the framework of your queries or occasional requests for materials will be retained only for the period for processing your request. They will then be destroyed.
- Registration for our current events and newsletters: The Personal Data collected within the framework of your request for registration for our newsletters, and current events will be retained for a period of three (3) years as of their collection or your last contact with SIG. After such a period, SIG may recontact you to know whether you wish to continue to receive our communications. In any event, you may change your mind at any time regarding your consent and ask to unsubscribe by clicking on the link contained in the messages sent to you or by using the contact form. In such case, your Personal Data will be destroyed within a maximum period of 1 month as of your request to unsubscribe.
- Application files: The Data related to your application will be retained for a period of two (2) years as of when they are provided or as of the last contact with you, then they will be destroyed or will be filed for the sole purpose of meeting our statutory obligations. At the end of these two years, SIG may recontact you to know whether you want SIG to continue to retain your Personal Data, given being informed of an opportunity that may arise and which may correspond to what you are seeking and to your skills.
In any event, your Personal Data will be destroyed upon a simple request by you transmitted via the contact form, within a maximum period of 1 month as of your application.
2.5 Fight against fraud and infringement
It is of the utmost importance to SIG to protect its trademarks, products, know-how, and image. Within this framework, SIG, simultaneously and in collaboration with the public authorities, has implemented a number of fraud and infringement detection tools and it centralises all the information related notably to infringement offences and parallel imports, which it may detect or which may be reported to it, regarding the SIG Group's trademarks and products, or any other infringement of the rights of the Houses of the SIG Group the list of which is accessible on the www.sig.today website. Within this framework, SIG may collect and process a certain amount of personal data related to the persons suspected of having committed such offences or involved in such cases and the witnesses of such crimes. Such information will be retained only for the needs and period necessary for verifying the acts detected or reported then, if applicable, for prosecution or implementing the means for putting an end to such offences until the case is settled on a final basis or, in case SIG decides not to seek prosecution, for a period of five (5) years as of the last incident noted.
3. Your rights
In accordance with the regulations in force, you have a right of access and of correction of your Personal Data and the right to request the deletion (right to be forgotten), the right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data, and the right to obtain the limitation or portability of your Personal Data to the extent that this is applicable, subject to urgent, legitimate grounds SIG may show to retain your Data.
As regards the Data related to your application, we request that you keep up-to-date the information about your in your "Applicants Space".
Moreover, you may request at any time to no longer receive our communications about our offers, news, and events by using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email we send to you.
Such rights may be exercised directly via the contact form. You may be asked to provide proof of identity.
4. Modification of the personal data protection policy
SIG may at any time modify this Policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such changes either by explicitly mentioning them on our Website or by a customised warning.